Friday, December 08, 2017

AthensCon 2017 GREECE - Comics, Cosplay, Games, Cinema

My video feature from AthensCon 2017

My first time in AthensCon was really exciting! Thousands of people, hundreds of artists, games, retro arcades and consoles and a lot of cosplay. Good vibes, many smiles and a lot of fun! Since I don't have a flash and the light in there was not really good for photographs please excuse me for the quality of the photos below. Lots of cosplay photos below!
This was the venue, the Taekwondo & Handball Olympic Stadium. 2017 AthensCon took place at the weekend of 2nd and 3rd of December. Running time was from 10.30am to 10.00pm.

 Overview of the venue being on the top level.

















 There was a retro corner featuring many old classics which I grew up with.

 ZX Spectrum my first console when I was a kid, using Basic language, you needed a tape recorder to play games. 








 Ian Whyte was there and I got an autograph, very fascinated to be next to the guy who played the Predator in the AVP series and the Engineer in Prometheus. Haven't watched any Game of Thrones yet...

 There were also interviews with some of the artists and guests.





 Playstation corner.

 You could go into a virtual reality star wars game assembling some robots.











 So sweet a small sized Darth Vader!









 I really loved this family!













 There were so many talented artists in every corner.





















 John Howe was there too, he was one of the chief conceptual designers for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.



































One last view of the AthensCon venue before I leave. And then just outside I realized it was a super moon night! It was a really great experience!

Additional information
GPS coordinates for places in this post, click on them to be redirected to the exact point in google maps. Click on the names to be redirected to their official websites (if applicable).

Venue (Taekwondo & Handball Olympic Stadium): 37°56'11.2"N 23°41'28.0"E
AthensCon website: http://www.athenscon.gr/en/

No comments: